Tasty almond butter and coconut sandwiches dipped in batter and seared on a hot griddle! The banana sauce finishes them perfectly.
- 1 loaf cinnamon swirl bread
- almond butter
- 3 eggs
- maple syrup
- plain yogurt (whole milk preferred)
- spices (cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, nutmeg, etc.)
- 2 Tbl butter
- 2 frozen bananas
- brown sugar
- Slice bread and keep ordered as if for sandwiches.
- Make almond butter and coconut sandwiches, spreading each piece of bread with a thin layer of the almond butter and sprinkling with coconut.
- Make the batter for the french toast with eggs, yogurt, maple syrup and spices.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: heat a small saute pan over medium-high heat. Melt the butter, add some spices. Sear the bananas on both sides. Sprinkle with brown sugar and beat with a wooden spoon to pulverize the bananas and combine with the sugar. Let the sugar caramelize until the bubbles are thick, then stir in water with wooden spoon as necessary to regulate the consistency.
- Batter the almond butter & coconut sandwiches in the egg-yogurt mixture and cook on a hot griddle in butter or oil.
- Finish the french toast in a 350 degree oven for about 8 minutes to make sure that they are hot all the way through.
Serve one stuffed french toast sandwich with banana caramel sauce per person. Delicious!