A Ha! It is I, the Count who loves to count!
Today i am going to count how many ingredients you need to make my hometown sandwich, the Monte Cristo!
- One loaf of good, hearty bread
- Tasty mustard
- one half pound of fine ham, like prosciutto from Parma Sausage
- One half pound of rosemary pork loin from Parma Sausage
- Cheese—tasty, tasty cheese
- Eggs: 1, 2, 3, 4 eggs (ha ha ha!)
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Dried Basil
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
That’s eleven, eleven tasty ingredients to make my sandwich!
Now, let’s count the steps to make it:
- Spread the mustard on the bread
- Layer it with cheese, prosciutto, and pork loin
- Put the second piece of bread on top of the meat.
- Repeat for the rest of the loaf of bread
- Pierce the sandwich with two toothpicks to hold it together
- Repeat for the rest of the bread in the loaf.
- Heat your griddle and get it hot. Turn your oven on to 350 F.
- Mix together the eggs, milk (just enough to give it the color of eggnog), paprika, basil, and nutmeg.
- Dip the sandwiches in the egg mix, both sides.
- Melt butter on your hot griddle. Cook the sandwiches in the butter.
- Flip when the first side is golden brown.
- When the second side is golden brown, transfer it to a pan in your oven and let it cook for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Twelve, twelve tasty steps to make my sandwiches (ha, ha, ha, ha). That remindss me of a song that I know: 1 2 3 4 5, 6 7 8 9 10, 11 12–da dee da da do do….